Monday, April 18, 2016

I'm back...sort of

Just realized it's been almost two years since I was last posting anything. No real excuses other than life. Life is lived, hopefully, and moves forward. Certainly I have lived and moved forward in some ways though it has been rather static in other ways. I have considered giving up this blog entirely and removing it but have withheld from doing so thinking there might be a purpose behind maintaining it even if it's been almost two whole years. So I am keeping it online for now and will see if I can find the time and motivation to continue to move it forward.

I had paused in part due to an increased workload in my professional life as well as book I had started working on. The book progressed well for a while but then I wrote myself into a corner and put it aside until I could figure out how to get out of it. I recently reviewed it again and have an idea but I will probably have to scrap the last chapter and rewrite it entirely. I just need to sit down and do it. Finding the time is often my challenge now.

Time is precious and I have found that I have lost some of the work/life balance. Too much of my time these days is being dedicated to work - much against my better judgment and certainly not how I intended to start out. There are reasons for it, reasons that I will not go into here, but some reevaluation is certainly in order and that is one of the reasons I am back here - to create an alternative outlet for my passions which need to be rekindled after long days at work. It's difficult when you put in long days of 10, 12, 14 or more hours that are mentally challenging to find the energy and motivation to work on your passion that is what needs to happen and that is part of my goal here. I think I can make it work but it is certainly a process.

Nonetheless, we will see what happens. I doubt I have any readers left at this point but, if you do read this, let me know if you have any inspirational or motivational tricks. Thanks and so long for all the fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment