Sunday, August 1, 2010

Re-learning to write

As a result of a friend of mine and her post yesterday on getting back to writing (at least she entered a short story contest which is more than I have done in the last few years) along with my own very noticeable lack of motivation to go back to writing in spite of having (I think) some very good ideas that need to be fleshed out on paper, I am writing this in the hope that I will perhaps be able to hammer out a quick short story this week. Who knows, I may even work to try to publish it. I just need to find some places that do this sort of thing - preferably reputable places that do not necessarily require entry fees. Though, I guess that I'm not above a small entry fee for the opportunity to be published. Maybe...

I noted on my friend's blog my own concerns regarding self-censorship and I will endeavor to write without it. Of course, as most of my friends will note, self-censorship is certainly not one of my endearing qualities else I would probably be more popular than I currently am. Which is not to say I am not popular, merely that I have a tendency to certainly rub people the wrong way due to the lack of a filter between my brain and my mouth. Strangely enough, though, the lack of a filter between those two is apparently more than replaced by the heavy-duty filter between my brain and my fingers since I tend to write far differently than I speak. And that is why writing is my preferred medium rather than speech...

Just an observation as I type, anyway...

And now back to the RedRoom (you can google it) and see what I can learn and do there...

No comments:

Post a Comment